Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home.

I had to drive home last night for
something and got pretty nostalgic driving through the neighborhood of my childhood. The houses are pretty much the same though owned by different people, the street has been replaced and paved and I don't miss the old pine straw drive we had to rake up every season. There are trees missing where my dad was worried one would fall onto the house but you can still find some of the tallest pines in Tampa swaying gently in the breeze. I saw places by the lake I remember stopping my runs because I was too far from home and couldn't make it back (you know, half mile) and the spot by the pond we buried Sophie after she passed on to pup heaven (the same place as regular heaven because God knows we need our dogs). The area where my trampoline was is still cleared and I yearn for it every now and then, to feel weightless and aerodynamic again like when we'd take turns showing off our flips and twists in high school. Such great memories, I pray our kids have ones this sweet.

1 comment: