Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm tired of this weather.

Matt doesn't read/watch the news while he's on tour and he's been overwhelmed as I've told him the stories of the past month.   I've waxed on about North Korea, lawnmower accidents, kids getting kidnapped by their parents, and I'm sure he's started to tune me out.  I am a news addict.  I am the reason why broadcasts just repeat the same developments all day becuase they know I, and the millions of Americans just like me will be watching with bated breath to see what else can happen.  I'm tired of doing it. 

The stories/pictures/breaking news/tweets over the last day have been heartbreaking.  So much horror in the faces of people cheering for others while they run, just heartbreaking.  I've been up since 4:30am watching CNN for developments, these images forever emblazoned in my mind.  Matt and I took the kayaks out on the river after hearing the news as I needed to stop refreshing my phone for updates.  As we paddled out to the Gulf, the cool and clear water, salty air, and hot sun were a stark contrast to the dark place one can go while contemplating horror.   Life can hurt so deeply sometimes. 

But life is so precious. 

It can be sweet, sometimes difficult, and it can be painful.  But it is precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment