Thursday, April 25, 2013

So that bourbon is not for me?


Day three of Bob Harper’s plan and I feel good.  I forgot to mention an important part of this three week boondoogle. 

No alcohol. 

At all. 

For three weeks. 

I’m being dramatic, I know.  This isn’t as terrible as I’m making it out to be…..or at least that is what I keep repeating in my head. 

So no more of this girl for three weeks….




Mr. Harper is getting some slack from many on social media…I saw one hashtag that read #jumpstarttostarvation.  I get it, 800 calories is very crazy.  Many called it dangerous.  But I take Bob’s invitation to eat as many vegetables from an extensive list very seriously, and whatever way you look at it, vegetables have calories, which supply energy.  So I haven’t been hungry and have been getting plenty of calories. 

 I do kind of want to stick a straw in a packet of soy sauce though.  I want salt so badly.  To make sure I’m not dangerously low on sodium (I honestly think I am getting enough in the food I eat but to be safe) I’m drinking 16 ounces of no added sugar electrolyte replacement drink (I am using the brand, Nuun because it is the only kind I’ve been able to stomach) each day as well. 

That is in addition to water.  You could probably roll me down the street, I'm so full of water.  So much water. 



Last night’s dinner was roasted broccoli, tomatoes, and Brussels, some of my favorite vegetables that somehow turn into not my favorite vegetables without salt.  I’m going to buy lots of fresh herbs today to spice up the flavors a bit, my dried collection isn’t going to cut it.  I have noticed that after a couple bites, I have not minded as much, it is just the first bite that makes you wonder what you cooked for yourself.



I am so pumped for this weekend.  I get to see my family!!!! We have skipped Thanksgiving in Tallahassee two years in a row and I haven’t seen them in a long time.  I’m so excited. 

Not really excited about bringing this diet to the land of the holy trinity of salt, butter, and sugar. 
Boo hoo.    

No comments:

Post a Comment