Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Good for your body and good for me.

I have very exciting news today.  Tonight if you are hungry (always) or want to support FCA Tampa Bay (you do), come out to Sweet Tomatoes between 6-8pm for the most amazing meal you've ever had and a big hug from me. 



You need to give them the flyer above for a portion of your bill to be donated so you can print that out or I can give you one when you get there.  I put two up there so you can bring a date.  There is nothing more romantic than being surrounded by fresh vegetables.  Personally I am very excited to be forced to sit at a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant for 3 hours.  If you are bored, we can sit together and go back for fifths on salad because I know I will.  Be still my heart. 

If you want more info you can leave a message or email me at rachelruns2911@gmail.com and I'll be happy to help you out. 

Another exciting thing!  By now, you should know that "exciting" is just another word used for "something that happened" but I figure you have to look at the bright side of life. 

I have wanted a thumb ring for a while now because I saw one on one of my favorite blogs and knew I had to have it.  I NEVER wear jewelry and if you catch me wearing my engagement ring I am probably going to a wedding (the only place I wear it) (I know...that is terrible).  I just don't think about it.  I have a couple of pieces I love including a locket my mom gave me that was my grandfathers while he was in the Navy and a strand of pearls my mom also gave me that she didn't like.  Other than that, I am extremely boring.  But I WANTED this ring.  And I found it. 





God bless Etsy.  A hammered gold skinny thumb ring for $13 dollars, with shipping included.  It is gold filled, so not solid gold but it was exactly what I wanted.  I made the mistake of ordering it two sizes too large because I'm an idiot that can't size a ring finger but I got it sized at my favorite jewelry shop Downtown.  They were a little weary at first because it wasn't solid gold but did it anyway because I looked so desperate to not have wasted 13 dollars.  Re-sizing it took one day, it looks perfect, and cost $25 which was worth it because I haven't taken it off.  From ordering from Tracy, to creating it, to shipping it to me, it took about 6 days including the weekend which was awesome, almost as fast as Amazon and I can't thank the seller, Treasure Imports, enough for my favorite new piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment