Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Eating really well doesn't make you immune to sick.

The Hires' household is a sad sight these days.  Matt has been sick for a week and while waiting at Home Depot with materials to fix some fence posts and re chain our porch swing, a hail storm erupted forcing us to walk the aisles of the store dreaming of better light fixtures and upgrades to our door knobs so we didn't get drenched.  Exciting stuff.  Even more exciting that while I was touting how incredible my immune system was, I started getting that itchy throat feeling that ended up being the beginning of a cold.  Boo hoo.  We skipped our bible study last night in favor of PJs, veggie bowls, and Jurassic Park. 

My juicer couldn't have been replaced at a better time.  Any good recipes for miracles?

I will be throwing down these every three hours for the next couple of days along with drinking so much water, my germs don't stand a chance.


I've found since completing my Bob Harper three week plan, I've been eating more vegetables in general.  I just love them.  They are even better when seasoned. 


Veg life.
 Something else I've found that I love are these.  The coconut is my favorite so far.  Yum.  And it sounds so fancy when I tell Matt a zillion times a day, "I'll just have a La Croix". 



Only two more days until crazy party weekend.  This annual get together at the weekend is my favorite of the year.  It is better than my own birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment