Thursday, June 20, 2013

Home sweet home.

Waking up in my own bed and knowing I wouldn't be looking at this all day, was lovely.
Rachel vision for four days
Granted, it was a beautiful way to drive across the country and I loved it, but I was ready to get back to schedules.  
I took an extra day off of work so that we could unpack, clean out the van, spend some time with family, and cuddle our sweet pup whom we missed so dearly.  While we had Matt's parents over for dinner and cuddled our little Luke all day, we didn't unpack or clean out the van.  I need to do a clothes purge soon as every single drawer in my dresser is spilling out clothes and I couldn't bear the thought of taking the ones I packed for our trip out of the neat suitcase I'd packed to add to the fury.  I will commit to living in that mess another day before I bite the bullet and do laundry. 
I'm glad I took yesterday off regardless of whether or not I actually got anything done because I got other important stuff checked off my list.  I finally got my stitches out and I have a lovely three inch glaring red line on my stomach that will forever prohibit me from the bikini modeling career I've always dreamed of.  Bummer.  While I was in North Tampa, I was finally close enough to a Michael's to stop in and buy a gift for a coworker who scrapbooks.  I don't scrapbook but Martha Stewart makes me want to.  I'm sure it will pass.
Matt's parents were coming over for dinner so I finally got around to making the black bean soup that has been on my meal plan for the past two weeks.  I also did my best to recreate that delicious cinnamon chocolate ice cream and while it wasn't an exact replica, it was pretty dang good. 
Cinnamon Chocolate Ice Cream:
One can of coconut milk (I used light but regular would be so good if that is what you have)
sprinkle of salt
Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/3 cup of sugar ( I used turbinado but regular sugar would work fine)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
I used a blender to mix and aerate the mixture and I let it sit for about 10 minutes so the sugar would continue to dissolve.  Right before pouring it into my ice cream maker, I blended it again in case any ingredient had settled. 
Prior to make the ice cream mix, I had toasted some sliced almonds with vanilla and cinnamon on the stove and let them cool.  Right before the ice cream was the consistency I wanted, I added them to the machine as well.  I could have served it right from the machine but it was still a little soft so I froze it until after dinner.  This batch served four and we had not one bit left. 
Two frozen bananas, three big stalks of kale, two tablespoons of peanut butter, vanilla almond milk
Other than getting back to eating and drinking kale, we gave our little pupster a bath and he of course hated every minute.  He is so much more cuddly when he's clean though. 

I mean really.  I think grumpy labradoodles are cuter than happy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment