Thursday, July 18, 2013

A great day and a great soup.

Yesterday was a good day.  Matt and I are fresh off of some good news (soooo refreshing! I love good news!), some friends of ours finally got their house after a nightmare of a closing, we are planning a Christmas trip with our families, and I MADE THE MOST AMAZING SOUP.

While we were at The Refinery last weekend, there was a "green soup" on the menu with peas, basil, cilantro, mint, cheese, and cream.  Matt almost got it but decided on sweetbreads instead.  I died a little.  If you go before Thursday and they change the menu, email me and let me know how the original was.

I don't love peas so I bought a big bag of shelled edamame instead, steamed them over the stove for about 10 minutes and combined them in a blender with two cups of coconut milk, a handful of fresh basil, cilantro, and mint, salt and pepper.  Once it was green an smooth, I poured it back into the pot to heat through.  Salt to taste and admire your amazing cooking abilities.  So complex in flavor but good, in a delicious way, not in a gross way (sweetbreads....blech). 





I grilled some veggies for paninis to go along side.  I kept telling Matt to tell me how good it was.  Because it was so good. This whole month of fresh food and meal planning has been really good for me.  I gravitate to the same foods and recipes a lot and this has given me a jump start.  Actually making things I pin can be oddly satisfying.

I'm running out of steam though.....I need some ideas.  Anything amazing you've made recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment