Thursday, July 25, 2013

A surprise haircut

A couple nights ago I started to make peanut butter.  I'd bought a bag of Spanish peanuts at the market because Alton Brown says that those are the correct peanuts for making your own peanut butter (and he is the end of any google search when it comes to a recipe, he is always right). 

 I don't think I let the peanuts cool long enough before adding them to the food processor (read:: I tossed them in right after roasting) and that apparently is the key to making really crappy peanut butter.  

It turned out more like peanut goo than peanut butter so I added about a half cup of golden raisins, a half cup of oats, two tablespoons of honey and a packet of Stevia.  I spread the mix into a glass pan let it cool in the refrigerator overnight.  Matt didn't like them but I thought they were good so I cut them into bars and wrapped them in wax paper and brought them to work.  My work buds ate them and I'm going to call them really cheap Larabars.  Dates would have been better but I didn't have any.  A box of eight Larabars costs $5 on sale at Target, and these cost around $3 to make 12.  They weren't as good as a Larabar (the best bar out there other than the Clif White Chocolate Macadamia Nut which isn't worth comparing to anything else, it's amazing) but they are a good source of energy if you have that stuff lying around.  

So good for breakfast with iced coffee and cherries. 

 

My in laws are going away for Spanish immersion classes so we had them over for lentil bowls before they leave for their trip.  I sauteed lentils with taco seasoning and served with brown rice and lots of toppings.  
Corn and jalapeno salsa, onions, cilantro, sriratcha, and corn chips.  It's all about the toppings. 



My hair needed a trim very badly.  The ends were long past dead and I decided that I could not live one more second with it.  I looked up how to cut your own hair on Pinterest and found an easy ponytail cut.  Yes!  I took about three inches off of dead hair and while it isn't salon quality by a long shot, I slept soundly knowing I wouldn't be haunted by split ends.



I have no idea why a patch of my hair looks black.  I may have overdone it with filters, but I spend a good amount of time trying to find that section of hair with no success so I'm going to call it bad lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment