Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A new whip.

My coolness is transcending its usual rating of around 4 this week.  I got to use the word "whip" for the first time in my life and I got to sit next to a fine looking ginger at the car dealship.  My smart car aficiandos say it's a Ford GT and they are pretty rare.


Does my car look too shiny today?


 Too bad I wasn't leaving with that.  I couldn't have pulled it off anyway.  Something about the places I go don't scream "rarity" (salad buffets, farmer's markets, taco bell).  Nope, the Hires' family was looking for something with a little more class.  Something that is tasteful, with a little sass.

And nothing says, "tasteful, classy, and sassy" like a 15 passenger van. 

We might as well have 13 babes now that we have a way to haul them around and start a family band. 



Sorry moms.  We are kidding.  Those are our real baby names though so hope you like em'.  Anyone can steal them from us as long as you don't mind us using them still.  It will add validity to our choices because we know they are awesome.  And yes, we plan on calling little Maybelline, Maybe. 

Nope, this beast is for Matt.  He's probably spent over $75,000+ over the past 5 years renting cars and vans for his tours or paying other musicians who have buses to ride along.  He leaves on another tour on Monday and was getting ready to pay out another $5,000 for a van when we just decided to buy one. 



So we did.  Or I did.  And I never want to go to another car dealership EVER EVER AGAIN.  But when Matt's not on the road, how fun will it be to use for river trips? 

After spending a total of around 24 hours at that place I needed candy.  And juice.  And I nailed the red juice this time.  I didn't add kale.  Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have any.  Womp, womp.  But now I know why my last juice turned brown.


And I got lots of lollipops at Target for 50% off which means each lollipop was $.05.  And it's shaped like a heart so it's probably good for your heart.  Maybe not.  Stick with beet juice.


1 comment:

  1. What a great blog post...loved the "babies" part best.
    Anonymous ;)

    ReplyDelete